None of the EE recipes are there, as I don't have pretty pics to accompany the recipes (and they aren't up on my blogspot, either).
Nonetheless, I have pinned a great many delish things, so check it out. In future, I hope to add my own stuff from here. Stay tuned!
EasyEats is still open for new recipes, so feel free to share your faves here. It's the holidays, so let's help each other out with
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large bananas
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix graham cracker crumbs with softened butter and press mixture into 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
Lower the oven to 300 degrees F for the toffee filling.
To create toffee filling, caramelize the sweetened condensed milk. Pour the condensed milk into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil and place dish inside a larger poaching pan. Add water to poaching pan until half way up sides of baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Once both the crust and toffee filling are cooled, spread half of the filling evenly inside crust. Slice the bananas and layer on top of filling. Pour remaining half of filling over bananas, spreading evenly. Whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla and spread on top of toffee filling and bananas.
1 Egg 1 Box Stuffing Mix, crushed a bit
1 Cup Water or broth
Mix everything together, smoosh it into a loaf pan, and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c seedless strawberry jam
3/4 c chilled heavy whipping cream
3 c cake flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 c sugar
1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
7 large eggs
2 T vanilla extract
1 c sour cream
6 T plus 1/3 c seedless strawberry jam
2 1/4 lbs strawberries, hulled, sliced (about 6 cups), divided
For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. You'll probably want to use an electric mixer for this so you don't end up with lumps. Stop every now and then to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in sugar, then jam. Beat cream in a separate, chilled, bowl until peaks form. Fold whipped cream into frosting. Cover; chill for a couple of hours until it's firm enough to spread.
For the cake, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans with 2-inch high sides. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add sour cream, and beat for 30 seconds. Add flour mixture in three additions, beating to blend after each addition. Divide batter into prepared pans.
Bake cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pans, then turn cakes out onto a rack to cool completely. (You may even want to refrigerate them for a couple of hours to make this next step easier.)
Using a serrated knife, divide each layer in half horizontally. Place one half, cake side down, on a cake plate. Spread 2 T of strawberry jam over the cake, then spread 3/4 c of the frosting over the jam. Arrange 3/4 c of the sliced strawberries on top of the frosting in a single layer. Repeat two more times with cake layer, jam, frosting, and strawberries. Top with remaining cake layer, cut side down. Spread two cups of frosting over the top and sides of the cake in a thin layer, then frost with remaining frosting. Stir remaining jam to loosen, then spoon teaspoonfuls onto the top and sides of the cake. Use the back of a spoon to swirl jam decoratively into the frosting.
NOTE: this makes a LOT of cake. Says serves 20, so you might want to half or tweak it a bit.
- 2 large bananas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
Method . . .
- Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
- Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
- You can enjoy them like this (but they really aren't frozen yet -- and when they're frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream) . . . I suggest then covering with some plastic wrap (or really you can do all of this in some kind of Rubbermaid container) and let freeze overnight.
- 4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg whites. Add the banana, vanilla, and apple sauce and mix together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Warm the Nutella up in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until it is softer and melted.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a bread pan. Then slowly spoon the nutella on top and swirl into the bread using a knife until all of the Nutella has been worked in.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy!
- 4loin pork chops, bone in (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
- 2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 2/3 cuplong-grain white rice
- 1 can(14.5 ounces) jalapeno-flavored diced tomatoes (or your favorite favorite)
- 2 medium-sizesweet green peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced into strips or chopped
- 1 cupshredded taco-blend cheese
Garlic and herbs to taste